Software on its own isn’t enough and so before the UK’s millions of business owners and managers can hope to benefit from this new era, they first need to grasp what it means practically, and how they might approach harnessing it. And it is in this regard that the author of this book, Jon Jenkins, is well qualified having helped hundreds of small businesses adapt to and embrace cloud software. As managing director at Xero, I first met Jon around 5 years ago and was struck by both his passion and his clarity of vision about the potential cloud software had for transforming the productivity of small businesses in particular and it has been a pleasure to observe Jon go on to help, coach, and advise many hundreds of companies since that time.
This book is the distillation of Jon’s own expertise and ability together with countless practical insights gained through working with all those companies and business owners.
Gary Turner, Managing Director, Xero
TRANSFORM YOUR BUSINESS TODAY
What will you learn:
- Configure Xero from scratch and fine tune it ready for use
- Set up bank feeds and automate the bank reconciliation process
- Create workflows and segregation of duties for sales and purchases
- Run payrolls, giving employees the ability to request time off and generate their own payslips
- Produce reports to gain a better understanding of your business data and make better quality decisions
- Import and export data ready for analysis
- Use the power of a mobile device to run your business from the palm of your hand
- Manage your inventory with fully automated transaction processing
Who is it for:
This book is intended for those who want to learn how to use Xero to get better insights from their business data and learn the best practices of bookkeeping using Xero. Perhaps you have never used Xero, or perhaps you want to migrate from an existing accounting application to Xero. In either case, this book will get you up and running quickly. It would be useful to have a bit of familiarity with basic bookkeeping concepts, but no prior experience of Xero is required.
This book is not designed to be a comprehensive resource but an introduction to Xero. Within a couple of hours you will have mastered the basics and be ready to start using Xero correctly.