Receipt Bank and Xero Integration
Just Add Tech recently integrated an excellent time-saving widget to our accounts package. Receipt Bank now cuts out hours of work every week, and we are seeing the benefits in time saved, time that we now use for higher value financial operations. These guys listened when we described our ‘ideal scenario’, then recommended and set up the automated Receipt Bank service so quickly. Great service, right first time, highly recommended. Can’t wait for the next suggestion that will save my finance team even more time.
Dom Yeadon, Data Harvesting – www.student-crm.co.uk
Business Name: Data Harvesting
Commencement Date: March 2018
Nature of Job: Setup and configure the integration of Receipt Bank and Xero, automatically push supplier invoices and receipts into Xero
Systems Used: Receipt Bank and Xero
- Bookkeeper leaving imminently
- Manual processing of purchase invoices and receipts
- Credit card feeds not setup
- Manual processes not in-keeping with the developer of a SaaS product
Referral from accountant who understood the needs of the business but wanted external expertise to setup and train client. Upon review of the company’s current purchase invoicing process it was obvious that the current systems would not cope with having no one taking over the bookkeeping responsibilities. This was highlighted as a key area to discuss with the client. During a conversation with the client this issue was discussed, including the fact that the company needed to change processes and systems to ensure no direct bookkeeping replacement was required.
To assist the company in addressing these key issues, we worked alongside the client and their accountants to understand the key processes and responsibilities in place. These sessions helped to help identify whether the objectives and systems were aligned. The key outcomes of these sessions were:
- There was a need for easy, quick access to the purchase invoices
- There was a need to remove as much of the labour intensive work as possible to enable the work to be absorbed into another role
- Documents needed to be kept in electronic format to avoid the need for filing
- It was required that multiple people have access to process purchase invoices and receipts but not the accounting system
Because of these issues, we then completed thorough research of the options available. As the client was using Xero there were only a few options available which made this a relatively simple job. Receipt Bank was configured and integrated with Xero and procedure documents provided to the client.
- Work has been absorbed into existing positions without the requirement to replace the bookkeeper
- Manual data entry removed from the purchase invoice entry process
- Written process documents provided so job can be covered when sickness and holiday occur
- There is no need to store or file paper formats of receipts and invoices